Sunday, August 1, 2010

What to plant if you are a beginner

I recently decided to accept some of my failures in gardening. I dug up the tomato. I Dug up my spinach. I dug up my peas. I almost dug up my lettuce--more on that in another post--and now I'm glad I didn't. I dug up my "strawberries" (they turned out to be weeds) a while ago and planted some watermelon instead. So far it's looking good--we'll see if it will make this list:

What to plant if you're a beginner:

Green Beans



(these green beans that are sprouting are the crop that I replaced the spinach with)

Cucumbers


Peppers


Basil


These plants made the list because my garden has mostly been neglected for the last month or so because being 39 weeks pregnant/having a newborn decreases one's motivation to garden. And here they are doing great despite my inattention.

Here's my garden:


Here's my little helper

No comments:

Post a Comment