Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pasta Sauce




1 can diced tomatoes (+ one fresh tomato I needed to use)
1 can tomato paste
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion
5 or so leaves of fresh basil
2ish tablespoons of sugar

I threw the tomatoes, onion, and basil in my mini food processor. Then I threw everything EXCEPT Garlic into a small sauce pan. Stir until everything is blended in and hot. I added the minced garlic right before I took the sauce off the stove because garlic tends to lose it's strong flavor when it is cooked.

Serve with pasta (we put it on ravioli)

This was a pretty impromptu meal but it turned out so good! Next time I will add a few more leaves of basil. The basil, might I add, is from my garden! woohoo. Mark even said that this was the best and freshest tasting pasta sauce he's had. That is a big compliment coming from Mark because he's not always a fan of my experiments with tomato-based foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment