Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Captain's Bed

Here are some of the side panels I'm putting together for the storage bed frame. The plans I am using are from Ana White's blog (she is my hero!) but I have to make quite a few tweaks to the plan since I'm using pallet wood. The wood was pretty beat-up and shaggy-looking but thanks to my handy electric sander the wood is now luscious.   

The thin wood piece (which will help to connect the 3 boards) on top will actually be on the inside of the cubby, leaving the nicer pieces showing.



I stopped by Lowes today to pick some wood for the bottom connector strip which will also serve as the shelf supporter for the cubby. Since I started working on this project I have had this huge sense of empowerment and I love it.  It makes me realize how important projects are to me. They motivate me to make better use of my time and when I finish, I have something to show for it. I can't wait to share my progress and pictures of the final bed frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment