Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holiday Kick

I love a little bite in my food.  This recipe was a hit at a few different festive events:

Cranberry Jalapeno Relish

I made a couple changes
- No mint
- I added an extra jalapeno because after tasting it, it just didn't have enough kick.  Next time I will start with 1 jalapeno and leave the seeds in.  Because even the 3 jalapenos I used seemed weak. 

Serving Suggestions:

- Pour a generous amount on top of cream cheese and serve with wheat thins (or cracker of your choice)

- Pair with a baked brie (I put the relish on the brie and then wrapped the whole thing up in puff pastry.  but you could serve in on the side after baking as well)

-  I imagine this would go really good with pork chops or maybe even chicken or turkey.  if you like that sort of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment