Sunday, March 13, 2011

Maple Bacon Pecan Pie

Pie day just so happens to be a really huge holiday in my family. We celebrated a couple days early so we could do it on the weekend. Just in case you are wondering. Pie Day=Pi Day=3/14 :)

Last year we did an avocado pie. This year my secret ingredient was bacon.

Got the recipe here:

Pecan and Bacon Pie

We did a few things differently. I didn't make the pie crust with the bacon grease because I already had a crust on hand and I try to simplify my life as much as possible.

We added more bacon.


I chopped the pecans a little bit.

We used 2 teaspoons of vanilla mixed with 2 tablespoons maple syrup instead of Bourbon.



It was pretty much everybody's favorite pie. We will never make a baconless pecan pie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment