Friday, December 17, 2010

homemade advent calendar

I meant to post this 16 days ago. Dec 1 I was feeling pretty bummed because I wanted an advent calendar. I thought about it all the week before. Then I had an idea. When I put Noah in his quiet time, I ran downstairs and got to work. this is what I came up with:


(the yellow string "tinsel" is for day 1)

I grabbed a random piece of wood (I have lots to choose from!). Mixed together my random paints to get some decent colors. Let it dry a bit. Nailed 23 nails onto the tree (the stair is the topper and doesn't need a nail). Then I found/made little ornaments for the tree using things I already had around the house (candy, bells, buttons, fuzz balls, etc). Put one each in a muffin tin slot (no muffin making til after Christmas!). Wrapped the tin in wrapping paper and wrote numbers over each muffin slot. (I think a mini muffin tin would work better because it already has 24 slots. Mine only has 12 so I had to refill and re-wrap the tin on the 13th). Drilled two holes in the top for the ribbon. Looks pretty good eh?


(this is after 16 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment