Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pumpkin Curry

I stole this recipe from my cousin's blog. Hope you don't mind Rache! It freezes well--I'm using this recipe for my freezer group. I doubled the recipe which will be plenty for 4 maybe even 5 families. I used hot madras curry as well as curry paste to give it a little more flavor. I also added about 1 tsp tumeric. serve with rice (or as soup) and top with anything you like!

We usually top our curry with raisins, coconut, and peanuts. Any dried fruit and nuts/seeds will do. chow mein noodles, pineapple tidbits, diced peppers, shredded cheese or crumbled cheese. (when I make lemon cheese, we like to use that) Seriously, you can put anything you want on curry!

Here's the recipe.

Pumpkin Curry
  • 1 onion diced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
  • 2 tsp garlic
  • 3 tsp curry powder
  • salt and pepper to taste (probably about 2 tsp salt? taste as you go)
  • 3 cups veggie broth (or chicken)
  • 1 big can of pumpkin
  • 1 can of coconut milk

In a large pot, put the onion, butter, garlic, and curry with the butter, cook until onion is soft.
Add broth.
Add pumpkin, and let boil for about 10 minutes
Stir in the coconut milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment