Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cafe Rio Pork Barbacoa

Do you ever get Cafe Rio withdrawals? I sure do. (If you have ever been to or lived in Utah, you SHOULD know what I'm talking about--if you don't, try this recipe. It WILL blow your mind.) Anyway, here is a link to a blog of someone who recreated the recipe for the pork, tomatillo ranch dressing, and pico de gaillo. It makes a whole lot of meat, so invite friends over or get excited to eat cafe rio all week long!

CAFE RIO PORK

All the fixin's


5+ pounds of pulled pork soaked in Dr. Pepper and lots of sugar. Yes, I am a dietitian. Why do you ask?? (and for goodness sake, I'm not asking you to drink the whole pot at once!)


Happy family

P.S. I used to love Dr. Pepper but now it seems that on the rare occasion that I drink it, it's really not as good as I remember it. I'd rather just soak my pork in it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment