Saturday, February 18, 2012

Noah's original artwork

Recently my son made a beautiful watercolor painting. I wanted to show it off in our home but couldn't find the right frame. Instead, I found a jigsaw. And it was love. Anyway, I have lots of random pieces of wood in my basement that I've collected over the years (much to my husband's chagrin!) and traced the size of the painting onto a board. I used the beveled edge to make a 45-degree-angled cut. I spray painted the edges black. I used Modge Podge to glue the painting to the frame. Then I covered the painting with Modge Podge to give it a glossy finish. I screwed 2 short screws into the back. My next step is to get some wire and then hang this beautiful artwork on the wall.



In case you're wondering, I'm labeling this post as a kid project because of the watercoloring. Don't worry, I don't let my children near the jigsaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment