Monday, January 9, 2012

Smoky Chipotle Hummus

Hope you don't mind all of my recent posts have been on food. I'm trying to make up for the last 3 months of not wanting to eat/make anything!

Just made this for a book club I'm hosting at my house tomorrow. It's so good. I'm sure it will be even better tomorrow when the flavors meld together a little better and I when I actually have something to dip in it.

Here's the link for the recipe: Smoky Chipotle Hummus

Here are a couple changes I made based on what I had and didn't have on hand:
- fresh squeezed lime instead of lemon (I used the whole thing and may have overdone it a little so just start out with half a lime)

- No bell peppers or sun dried tomatoes, but it really doesn't need it.

- I added about an extra 1/3 of a can of beans because I was a little to adventurous with my chipotle and adobo sauce.

- This is not a change but an emphasis: make sure you don't dump the whole can of chipotle peppers in the hummus. Just use one. I also poured in some of the sauce too and had it at the perfect spiciness and then I added some more and it was a little too much for me--hence the extra beans.

- I used a hand immersion blender instead of my blender (I don't have a large food processor) and the texture turned out so perfect.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment